Pinterest has always been a powerful platform for driving traffic to websites and blogs, with many businesses using Pinterest as a tactic in their marketing mix.
As we head into 2023, staying up to date with the latest strategies for maximising your presence on the platform is essential. In this blog, we cover seven key strategies to consider as you plan your Pinterest marketing efforts to help drive users to your site.
1. Pin consistently and use scheduling to space out your pins. This can help increase your engagement on the platform by as much as 150%.
2. Apply for Rich Pins, which add extra detail and information to your pins. This can make the pinning experience more enjoyable for users and more beneficial for those being pinned.
3. Make sure your images are properly sized for Pinterest. Vertically oriented pins with an aspect ratio of 2:3 or 1:3.5 work best, with a minimum width of 600 pixels.
4. Write detailed, keyword-rich descriptions for your pins. Make sure to include helpful details, keywords, a couple of sentences of text, and a call to action.
5. Use multiple images within a single pin to create a mosaic effect. This can be particularly effective for DIY posts and how-to guides.
6. Offer a "Pin It for Later" link for your blog posts, giving readers the option to save your content for later.
7. Create keyword-rich boards for your blog posts to help them rank higher in search results.It is also important to avoid the three most common mistakes we see businesses make, such as posting low-quality content, not posting consistently or frequently, and not optimising for Pinterest's search function.
By implementing these strategies into your Pinterest plan for 2023, you can make the most of your presence on Pinterest and expand your reach brand awareness and drive even more traffic to your website or blog in 2023.
If you’re looking for fresh content to boost your socials or your Pinterest, avails is here to help! We’ll send a squad to you to shoot, produce and edit your content, all you have to do is post it! Find out more about our shoots!